Peacepace Initiative is based in Nigeria, and we are promoting peaceful coexistence in Nigeria. Nevertheless, our weekly broadcast is accessible all over the world and we are glad to receive testimonies from individuals in and outside the Nigeria jurisdiction.
Our activities so far
- We have published over 140 short articles on peace on relevant local and global challenges.
- We have held three annual 3day national conferences tagged “Pacemlug” (Peace pull). The last one was held between June 9-11,2019.
- We have organized 9 different sessions on peace discussions for youth participants across the nation,Nigeria. The sessions were handled by eight(8) resource persons who are doyens and professionals at what they do.
- We release our weekly write ups on peace (which address interpersonal, family,work place,community, national and international challenges) to over 15,000 people through the social media platforms.
We have some projects we are working on to execute soon:
1. Project Young Narrators training of 150 Nigerian young leaders on peacebuilding ( prejudice awareness and reduction, negotiation, nonviolence etc.) and leadership across the geopolitical zones between 2020- 2021
2. Continuation of our special Peace Culture campaign/series among secondary school students to reach an additional 9,000 teenagers by 2023.
3. Another exclusive programme(s) for the Landlords and tenants in our communities to reduce the rate of landlords tenants clashes which is now rampant.
4. The fourth edition of our annual national peace conference tagged Pacemlug (Peace pull) from June 9-11,2020.